| 內 容
||Please check the government websites of Taroko National Park, Nantou County, and Hualien County
before departing on any journey to learn about the traffic control measures used during the snow season.
This includes road conditions, service matters, safety instructions, and other travel information
1. Those with ill bodies, young children, or afflicted with altitude sickness, please try to avoid scaling mountains to avoid sudden changes in temperature, air pressure, or air concentration that may cause any existing symptoms to worsen.
2. Altitude sickness is especially serious up in the mountains. The main symptoms of sickness are headache, vomiting, anorexia, general burnout, etc. In severe cases, it can even cause anedema in the brain or lungs, which can be life-threatening. If you suffer from any of the above symptoms in the mountains, you should immediately come down the mountain as soon as possible, and get to a lower altitude.
3. During winter, the climate will cause various problems. Please be careful on slippery roads, and make sure to stay warm. There is also the dangers of snow reflections and strong ultraviolet lights.
4. Vehicular maintenance in the mountains is extremely inconvenient and expensive. Please check the condition of your vehicle and prepare maintenance tools before setting off on any trips.
5. Because mountain roads are steep and often frozen during winter, please take a high-powered 4 wheel vehicle (cars) to traverse mountain roads. If you plan on constantly traveling over icy or snowy roads, it is recommended to prepare “snow chains”and familiarize yourself with disassembly and assembly techniques
• The student safety center wishes all students safety and wellness